The teen started playing early last weekend and according to him mom only came out occasionally to use the bathroom and get some snacks. The session went on for “four or five days” and when he finally did emerge to go with his mother to go to his aunt’s house, that’s where it all caught up to Tyler’s body. “It’s like he was looking at me but he wasn’t there. It was like he was looking through me,” says Jennifer Thompson, Tyler’s aunt. “We were talking and I heard a thump and I looked over and he just fell. I was very scared. I thought he was going to die,” she remembers. “He just fell over three times.”
Tyler was taken to a hospital where he was given an IV and pumped full of fluids, as he was severely dehydrated.
His mom, never really explaining how she allowed her son to stay up and play a game for four or five days straight, did tell the local media that she had taken away his Xbox.