Kim Grice was in a Florida hospital for outpatient surgery to have a few cysts removed from her forehead. (ick)
What she got were 2nd degree burns across her face and back after a flash fire erupted in the middle of the surgery. The fire department was called, but the fire had long been out by the time they arrived. Kim was under when the fire happened, and was flown to an Alabama hospital for burn treatment.
While a cause has yet to be determined, it's speculated that a mix of some sort of tool along with oxygen and/or surgical covering caused the fire.
via: NWFlorida Daily News