Dark Knight Rises will be here on July 20, 2012. Empire has a new interview with director Christopher Nolan and two covers that reveal not only a cool new Bat-Gadget, but also a good look at the main villian, Bane.
If you’ve read the comics, you know that Bane will be a different and violent opponent for Wayne, but in a different way than what was The Joker. Bane is all about brute force and I have no doubt that if you consider how well Nolan captured the “dark” version of The Joker for the last movie, then it’s safe to assume we are in for a terribly sadistic movie version of Bane. Bane is played by Tom Hardy (Inception), but most recently played a MMA fighter in “Warrior” which will come in handy for the fight scenes of the new Dark Knight, as Nolan describes,
“He’s brutal. Brutal. He’s a big dude who’s incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It’s not about fighting. It’s about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it’s nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action.”
Very good news is that in the same way the Nolan released a mind blowing, longish, sneak peek at Dark Knight that got everyone excited about Heath Ledger’s Joker, the upcoming Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is said to have a similar 6-7 introduction to Bane and look at what the 3rd installment promises.
Can. Not. Wait.
- New Details Emerge About ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ & Villain Bane’s Bone Crushing Fighting Techniques. Gary Oldman Says The Film Is “Just Epic” (djivreal.com)
- ‘Dark Knight Rises’ skips ahead 8 years (wwtdd.com)
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Spoilers: Christopher Nolan Reveals Some Key Plot Information (moviefone.com)
- Batman Faces ‘Brutal’ Bane in The Dark Knight Rises (wired.com)
- Nolan drops some major spoilers about just when The Dark Knight Rises takes place [The Dark Knight Rises] (io9.com)