The bottle was a metal reusable water bottle, in fact her mom had bought all three kids in the family the same one, but on this day Jayla decided to stick her tongue into the bottle and when she couldn’t get it out someone called 9-11. The paramedics couldn’t even figure out how to get it out of the bottle and decided to take her to the hospital.
Once there, doctors tried poking holes into the bottle to relieve the pressure and even cut off the bottom half of the bottle. None of that worked and doctors began to notice that not only was the little girl’s tongue swelling, but the bottle was starting to inch backwards into her mouth and causing her to gag. Doctors decided to take her to surgery where an hour later the bottle was finally removed.
Jayla is fine, but obviously traumatized. Her mother is warning other parents about the dangers of the metal bottle. (set: she is secretly hoping this is an early lesson for Jayla about sticking your tongue in places.)