The Most Awful Putt-Putt Hole. Ever.

Putt-putt is supposed to be a fun time for the whole family, but at an Orlando, FL course one particular hole turned out to be deadly for an 11 year old girl.

Ashton Jojo and her family were visiting from New York and playing at the Orange Lake Resort when her ball went into a pond that also had a fountain water feature.  She was electrocuted when she got into the water and later died at a nearby hospital.

Authorities believe that the pond’s electrical pump was failing and not properly attached to the required circuit breaker (GFI) that would have shut off the pump upon sensing a short.  The pond was emptied and the course closed.  Another guest at the resort, Christopher Burges heard the girl scream and went to her aid and rescue her.  He too was injured as he tried to help her.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta