This story out of Atlanta is a great example of just why the costs of medical care have exceeded any realities of the American family. A 31 year old Atlanta police officer died back in 2009 while he was participating in “three-way sex” with another man and a woman who was not his wife. The trio were at a hotel near the airport and during the vigorous session the man had a heart attack.
This week a jury decided that the wife of that man, William Martinez, should receive $3 million from the man’s doctor for failing to diagnose his atheroschlerotic coronary artery disease and warning the man to avoid strenuous activities – like illicit sex gymnastics, or running to chase a criminal during his work as a police officer. Martinez’s family claims that the doctor’s failure to properly treat and inform him of his condition was 60% at fault in his death. The other 40% the jury decided was Martinez’s fault.
The doctor will appeal the decision.
- Cop dies during 3-way sex; widow wins $3M (content.usatoday.com)
- Widow wins $3 million settlement over cop who died having 3-way sex (examiner.com)
- Widow of Atlanta cop who died during three-way sex is awarded $3 million (usnews.msnbc.msn.com)