Sunday evening in Sweden, outside a train station, a man simply burst into flames.
Witnesses say the man was standing outside a record shop at the train station about 10:30 pm when, without warning, he caught on fire.
”He just stood there burning outside the shop. After a while he started screaming. There were a few people about but they just watched him. I ran up to him, tore my coat off and managed to put the fire out together with another guy,” a tram driver who had been returning from break, told the local paper Göteborgs-Posten.
The man survived and is in the hospital, but is under sedation as is too badly burned to speak to authorities.
It is speculated that flames may have been caused by his purchase at the record store of a Nickleback on vinyl.
- Mysterious Unidentified Man Bursts Into Flames in Sweden [Mysteries] (gawker.com)
- How Spontaneous Human Combustion Works (gizmodo.com.au)